Welcome to the NYSC portal, In this resource, you are about to read every information you need to know about the NYSC portal, how to make an online payment, check the NYSC senate batch list, opening and closing dates have been gathered all together here to reduce stress for some candidates and also bring the information closer.
Welcome to the NYSC portal
The National Youth Service Corps is a program set up by the Nigerian government during the military regime to involve Nigerian graduates in nation-building and the development of the country. [Wikipedia]
Requirements Before NYSC Registration
In order to ensure a seamless registration, prospective corps members are to note the following below, failure to do so may result in your disqualification.
- Prospective corps should ensure that they have a valid and active email address(Gmail for example) and also make sure they can access the account. prospective corps should also have a Nigeria telephone number that belongs to them.
- Locally trained prospective corps are expected to use their matriculation number to register.
- For locally-trained graduates, only those whose names appear in the Senate/Academic Board Approved Result lists submitted by their Institutions will have access to the register on the NYSC portal.
- Foreign-trained prospective corps members/those who acquired on-line qualifications should ensure that their Institutions are accredited. They should approach Federal Ministry of Education for evaluation. The letter of evaluation must be uploaded during registration.
- Those who graduated from Institutions outside Nigeria, (Foreign-trained graduates) or obtained on-line foreign certifications, are to visit the NYSC portal, register and upload the following documents:
- West African School Certificate(WASC) (with not less than 5 Credits at 2 sittings) or its equivalent; or General Certificate of Education (GCE O’ Level) (with not less than 5 Credits at 2 sittings) or its equivalent; or NECO (with not less than 5 Credits at 2 sittings) or its equivalent; or High School Diploma or its equivalent.
- First Degree or Higher National Diploma (HND) Certificate (Second Degree or Ph.D not necessary).
- Complete Official Transcript of the first Degree or HND.
Note that once the portal is closed there will be no further registration
READ MORE: Check out our comprehensive page on requirements Before/During NYSC registration
Create NYSC account on registration portal for Batch(A, B, & C)
If you have read the requirements then you are good to go, I will show you how you can create an account with your functional email address and also activate it.
NOTE: Before you can create an account make sure NYSC registration is ongoing
- Create an account with your functional email address on the NYSC registration portal.
- Activate your newly created account by clicking on the activation link sent to your email address supplied during account creation.
- Proceed to:
- Fill your details
- Capture Biometric. Note this should not be done by proxy.
- Upload clean and clear off white background passport photograph.
- Preview your registration form to ensure the details are correct.
- Agree with the registration terms and conditions.
- Upload your scanned signature or sign using digital signature scanner’
- Click on submit
- Keep your login details for subsequent use.
How to Make Payment on NYSC Portal
- Click on this link if you already have an account, provide your login credentials.
- Click on “Click Here To Make Payment” after successful login
- When Payment Confirmation page is displayed, Click on “Proceed to Payment”
- You get redirected to Remita Payment Engine with various payment options
Since the NYSC portal is using the Remita payment engine you can either pay using your card or pay at any bank branch using the generated RRR number.
What can i do After Registration?
These are the things you can do once you have registered:
- Correction of Name spelling mistakes
- Correction of Date of Birth
- Correction of Course of Study
- Correction of Class of Degree
- Correction of Qualification
- Application for Relocation after Camp
- Printing of Call up, Exclusion and Relocation letters
- Printing of Place of Primary Assignment Letter after Camp Reposting.
- Printing of Leave Approval letters
Verify your identity on the NYSC senate list for Batch (A, B, & C)
Senate list is just like seeing your name on an admission list, once your name is there you are among the corps that are certified to come into the NYSC Camp Ground in order to serve their country.
If you were unable to find your name on the senate list from MAY you are expected to visit your institution’s student affairs, seems like something went wrong or they are yet to upload hard copies of your credentials to NYSC.
- Visit this link on NYSC portal
- Select your institution
- Provide your matriculation number
- provide your valid surname and correct D.O.B
- click the search button to verify
I know this article has helped you, make sure you comment below if you are facing any issues on the NYSC portal.