This is to inform all candidates that UNIUYO postgraduate admission form is out, candidate should hurry up and register now as there is a deadline on this
In this article, we will talk about the requirements, duration, eligibility, application method, and other vital things you also need too.
Eligibility for UNIUYO postgraduate admission
- To qualify for admission into the Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) programme, applicants should be graduates of the University of Uyo or any other university recognized by the Senate of the University of Uyo, or persons who hold qualifications adjudged by the Senate of the University of Uyo to be equivalent to first degree or holders of recognized Higher National Diploma.
- To qualify for admission into a master’s degree programme, an applicant should be a graduate of the University of Uyo or any other university recognized by the Senate of the University of Uyo, and should qualify with at least a Second Class Honours degree (irrespective of CGPA)
- Candidates for admission into M.Sc Medical Microbiology should be graduates ofone of the following:
- Virology and a Postgraduate Diploma in Microbiology (PGDM)
- MBBCh/MBBS or its equivalent
Requirement for UNIUYO postgraduate candidates
- All applicants should have credit pass at Ordinary Level in five relevant subjects including English Language obtained at not more than two sittings. Candidates with ‘O’ Level examination results before 2017 must possess their certificates and not statement of results or result slips.
- Applicants for LLM and PhD in Law must have credit pass in English Literature as one of the five relevant Ordinary level subjects
- NYSC Completion Certificates (Discharge Certificates), Exemption Certificates or Exclusion Certificates is required from all applicants. One of these certificates must
- be submitted with the application form or before the screening test is taken.
- Applicants for the Faculty of Agriculture must have credit passes in chemistry as one of the five relevant Ordinary level subjects.
- All applicants will undergo a screening test which will cover the subject area of specialization and oral interaction in the Department.
- Applicants who obtained their first degrees through Remedial Programmes must show evidence of having remedied the relevant subjects for their programmes externally; that is, through WASCE, NECO, NABTEB
- Applicants must return their completed application forms with two hard copies of their Project Proposal (for those applying for PGD), Dissertation Proposal (for those applying for master’s programme) or Thesis Proposal (for those applying for PhD programmes). The research proposal which must be captured on the prescribed Postgraduate School Proposal Sheet should be word-processed with Times New Roman, font size 12, and one and half line spacing using the following
heading and subheadings:
- TITLE (22 words maximum)
- CANDIDATE’S NAME
- ABSTRACT (150 words maximum)
- RELEVANCE OF STUDY
- ETHICAL ISSUES
- EXPECTED RESULTS
- REFERENCES (a minimum of 20 references).
We will provide a comprehensive pdf page where you can see more about the requirement at the end of the post.
Duration for UNIUYO postgraduate programmes
- Master’s degree programme – a minimum period of four semesters or maximum of six semesters.
- PhD Programme – a minimum of six semesters or a maximum of ten semesters.
- Postgraduate Diploma Programmes – All Postgraduate Diploma
- Programes will last for a minimum of two (2) semesters and a maximum of four (4) semesters except in the Faculty of Engineering
- GPGD in Engineering – a minimum of four semesters and a maximum of six semesters.
NOTE: All programmes in the Postgraduate School are full time. Part time programmesare domiciled in the School of Continuing Education.
Application Method for UNIUYO postgraduate candidtaes
- Application Forms can be accessed online on payment of the sum of N20,000.00 (Twenty Thousand Naira) only.
- To make payment, generate Remita Retrieval Reference H (RRRH) via http://eportals.uniuyo.edu.ng and make payment in any commercial bank nationwide. After payment, return to the portal to complete your registration by clicking on Login form Link and enter your RRRH.
Deadline for the UNIUYO postgraduate form
All completed Application Forms with
- photocopies of relevant credentials,
- (ii) duplicate copy of the receipt of payment for the Application Form,
- (iii) two copies of the research proposal, etc
- should be forwarded to reach the Secretary, Postgraduate School, the University of Uyo onor before February 26, 2022 .
All Source came from Uniuyo portal
Comment below for any necessary clarification and other help. Good luck with your upcoming examination