Union Bank scholarship is ongoing now, enroll your child, ward, or even yourself as far as you meet their criteria, in this article, I will show you how you can apply for the Union bank scholarship.
For over 21 years Union Bank has proudly offered a scholarship to highlight and celebrate graduating high school seniors who have continuously shown dedication not only to their education but also to their community.
Union Bank Scholarship for Nigerian student
Union Bank believes in helping students, within its’ service area, achieve their dreams of higher education.
The Union Bank Scholarship is open to high school seniors who plan to attend a private or public college, university, or trade school to further their skills and education in fields that make, build, and grow for a living.
Before you can apply their things you really need to consider, first of all, Union bank has set criteria for any student applying for the scholarship scheme.
Scholarship Criteria to Apply
- Student must be a senior in high school.
- Student must currently attend a high school within a county in which Union Bank maintains an office.
- Student must plan to attend a private or public college, university, or trade school. If the student has not yet been accepted into a college or university, they may still apply for the scholarship.
- Student must have a cumulative high school grade point average of 3.0 or higher (on a 4-point scale).
- Student must submit a copy of their high school transcript (grades 9-12) with the application.
- Student must demonstrate achievement and high standards in academics, character, leadership, citizenship, and involvement in school and/or community activities.
- Student must submit a 500-word essay. In 500 words or less, the student should discuss how they selected their intended field of interest or major. The applicant should share any experience they have in their intended field of interest (e.g., volunteer work, summer jobs, extracurricular activities, internships, etc.) and share what they gained from that experience. The essay should describe how the student’s college, university, or trade school education will contribute to their immediate or long-range career plan(s).
- Student must submit a letter of recommendation with the application, must not be from a family member.
- Children or immediate family members of Union Bank directors, officers, and employees are not eligible.
Why you must enroll for this scholarship
The aim and benefits for every scholarship are what’s important, Union Bank will award various scholarships based on the number of qualified applications.
Each scholarship, not to exceed $1,000, will be given to the candidate(s) who best demonstrates achievement and high standards in academics, character, leadership, citizenship, and involvement in school and community activities.
Guidelines to Receive Scholarship Funds
Scholarship funds will not be released until Union Bank receives proof of enrollment via a tuition statement for the upcoming academic year.
The scholarship recipient is responsible for providing Union Bank a copy of their tuition statement in a timely manner, no later than December 1, 2022.
Union Bank will mail the scholarship check directly to the college, university, or trade school.
The application deadline is April 24, 2022.
Submission and Selection
Applications must be submitted to Union Bank by April 24, 2022. Any applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Please send all applications via email to Union Bank | email@example.com
The winner will be announced on or before May 24, 2022.