The National Police Recruitment Form is out and you can start applying, but wait, do want to join the the Nigeria Police Force and you don’t have any idea to go about it, i think it is time to get a cool place to sit and read this article.
The Nigeria police force recruitment form has commence and it on their portal (https://www.npf.gov.ng), and our mission is to make sure we walk you through the whole steps of registering in the National Police force.
This whole process actually means working for Nigeria and the end goal is to ensure the safety of the lives and property of the Nigerian citizens and make Nigeria safer and more secure for economic development and growth.
In other to align with the international standard, practice and the United nation standards of policing, the Nigeria police force need a dynamic police officers for better services and to prepare for any emerging security challenges.
Brief History about the Nigeria Police Force
The Nigeria Police Force is the principal law enforcement agency in Nigeria. It has staff deployment across the 36 states of the country and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
The command and control of the Nigeria Police Force is under the Inspector General of Police.
For administrative ease, the Force is divided into seven (7)
- administrative departments
- Finance and Administration
- Force Criminal Investigation Department
- Training; Research and Planning and Information and Communication Technology.
Each headed by a Deputy Inspector General of Police, the Force is further divided into 12 operational Zonal Commands (usually comprising between two and four State Commands) and 37 State Commands including the FCT (usually comprising Area Commands which further comprises Divisions).
While the zone is headed by an Assistant Inspector General of Police, the State Command is headed by a Commissioner of Police, the Area Command by an Assistant Commissioner of Police and the Division by a any officer in the Superintendent cadre.
The Duties Of The Nigeria Police Force
- The prevention and detection of crime.
- The apprehension of offenders.
- The preservation of law and order.
- The due enforcement of laws and regulations with which they are directly charged.
- The performance of such military duties within and outside Nigeria as may be required of them by or under the authority of the police act or any other act.
The Ranks Of Nigeria Police Force
- Inspector General of Police
- Deputy Inspector General of Police
- Assistant Inspector General of Police
- Commissioner of Police
- Deputy Commissioner of Police
- Assistant Commissioner of Police
- Chief Superintendent of Police
- Superintendent of Police
- Deputy Superintendent of Police
- Assistant Superintendent of Police
- Inspector of Police
- Sergeant Major
The Entry Levels Into the Nigeria Police Force
- Cadet Inspector
- Cadet Assistant Superintendent of Police
- Nigeria Police Academy degree programme
Note this you can read more of this on their website .
How to Apply for the National Police Recruitment
The Nigeria police force has commence and it currently on their recruitmental portal and firstly you have to check their requirement before proceeding with filling their form. Below are the NPF Recruitment Eligibility and Requirements.
NPF Recruitment Eligibility and Requirements
1. Nationality: You must be a citizen of Nigeria and must also have the NIN (national identity number),
2. Age: your age matters a lot, make sure you are above 18 and below 25 -30.
4. Character: You must have a good behaviour, self-disciplined, and above all, make sure you don’t have any criminal record
5. Height: Must not be less than 1.67 meters in height for men and 1.64 meters for women.
6. Chest Measurement: Must not have less than 86 cm (34 inches) expanded chest measurement (for men only).
7. Physical Features: Must not have any one of the following abnormalities or deformities: Speech Impediment, Knock Knees, Bow Legs, Bent Knees, Flat Feet, Deformed Hands which cannot perform the full functions of the hand.
- Bodily Scar
- Defective Eyesight
- Amputation of any part of the body.
- Gross Malformation of teeth.
- Protruding Navel.
8. Pregnancy: You must not be pregnant at the time of Recruitment.
9. Financial Status: Must be free from any pecuniary embarrassment.
10. Guarantors’ Form: Must download and fill the Guarantors’ Form, presenting verifiable references from any two (2) of the following: Traditional Rulers, Magistrate, Local Government Chairman, Heads of Educational Institutions attended.
Career Civil Servant not below the rank of Grade Level 12, Police Officer not below the rank of CSP, or Military Officer not below the rank of Lieutenant Colonel. Possession of a valid National Drivers’ License is an added advantage.
NOTE: All candidates must undergo medical examination before final selection.
NPF Recruitment Form Portal
- First, open their portal on you browser –http://www.policerecruitment.gov.ng/ portal
- go to their home page and visit the current recruitment section
- Make sure you read the requirements before proceeding.
- carefully re-check all details and submit the form
- Then submit the form and take a printout
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be sent a message via their Email/sms, false information while uploading your credentials may lead to automatic disqualification
NDE Shortlisted Applicant Update
Hurray, you have been shortlisted as a Nigerian police force and now it not yet finish, because this article just get a lot better now, it time for your interview, and it’s time for you to shine at the final stage.
However, when shortlisted:
- Make sure you gather as more information as you want to about the company.
- Don’t rush into something you cannot handle, make sure go through your application, have a reason why you would fit into that position or not.
- Additionally, be interactive. It’s an interview, not an interrogation. There is much more to you than your resume.
- The practice goes a long way. Thus, take mock interviews with your friends or practice speaking before a mirror
- Also, go over the written offer in detail. And make sure all important details are mentioned and ask questions if you don’t understand anything. Such as work profile, start date, duration, and stipend, etc.
- Send a thank-you letter to the employer, once you accept the offer.
- Also, follow up with an e-mail confirming your resumption date and expressing how you feel about your new position.
Hey if this article is really helpful share it to friends and family, if you still have one more question please let us know in the comment section below.