The MTN foundation scholarships 2021 has been rolled out and candidates that participate in this scholarship programme should hurry up and check their names. unfortunately, not all aspiring candidates applied for this year’s scholarship programmes.
If you don’t want to miss out on MTN Foundation Scholarships 2022, follow our guide on how to apply, when the programme is commencing, and more other information too.
You’ve been wondering what is MTN foundation scholarship is all about, I will adequately explain it to you.
MTN Foundation Scholarships
MTN Scholarships under the Youth Development Cause is an annual award that seeks to recognize and reward qualified high performing students in Nigerian Public Tertiary Institutions:
The programme was established by the MTN Foundation, just like MTN spelling bees, the programme awards participants with scholarships.
This scholarship programme is meant for both gender, and thanks to MTN Foundation, they went further to give the same privilege to the blind.
Aim and Benefits of MTN Foundation Undergraduate Scholarship
- The Scholarship covers tuition, book allowance and stipends.
- Successful applicant’s Scholarship award is renewed every year until graduation provided a CGPA of 3.5 or its equivalent is maintained (second class upper/upper credit).
- The Scholarship awarded for an Academic year is worth #200,000.00
MTN Science and Technology Scholarship
The MTN science and Technology scholarship programme are eligible for the undergraduate 300 level to study science and technology-related courses.
In Nigerian Public Tertiary Institutions (Universities, Polytechnics, and Colleges of Education). 300 successful students are awarded scholarships worth N200,000.00 annually till graduation if they maintain the required grades.
MTN Scholarship for Blind Students
MTN scholarship also offers these great chances to the blinds but seems like it is only eligible to undergraduates at 200 level studying any course in Nigeria Public Tertiary institution (Universities, Polytechnics, and Colleges of Education).
Here is the goal, 60 successful blind students are awarded scholarships worth N200,000.00 annually till graduation if they maintain the required grades.
Top 10 UTME Scholarship
This one is a bit tough but if you can get to the Top 10 then you should participate in the MTN UTME scholarship. it has not been too long since this programme started, the UTME scholarship started in 2020
Every year the top 10 scoring candidates of UTME as announced by JAMB, automatically qualify for the top 10 UTME scholarship.
The successful candidates are awarded scholarships worth N200,000.00 from their 100 level through to graduation if they maintain the required grades.
The Top 10 UTME Scholarship is awarded irrespective of the successful candidates’ preferred course of study or Tertiary Institution – Public or Private in Nigeria.
Requirements for MTN Foundation Undergraduate Scholarship Qualification
- Applicants from public Universities and Colleges of Education in Nigeria must be full-time undergraduates in 300 level/3rd years.
- Applicants from public Universities and Colleges of Education must have a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) score of 3.5 or its equivalent (2:1)
- Applicants from public Polytechnics must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 (upper credit) from the Ordinary National Diploma (OND) programme and must have secured admission into the Higher National Diploma programme (HND).
- Direct entry-level students must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 (upper credit) from the OND programme and must have secured admission into 300 level/3rd years in a public University
Interview date for MTN Foundation Undergraduate Scholarship
Applicants details will be verified and shortlisted candidates will be invited for an assessment test.
Documents Required for Application
They will be required to come with 2 recent passport photographs as well as the original and photocopy of the following documents:
- The valid Student ID card
- Any other means of identification (National ID card, International passport or Driver’s license)
- Admission letter from JAMB and institution of study
- Admission letter for the HND programs (For Polytechnic students only)
August 15, 2021
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to MTN Foundation on foundation.mtnonline.com to apply
Scholarship applicants will have to fill an online application form providing details on their matriculation number, department, CGPA, course of study, home address etc.
Names of successful candidates will be published in National Dailies and on the MTN Nigeria website – www.mtnonline.com
For more details about this scholarship, visit the MTN Foundation scholarship website
- Ado Poly Acceptance fee
- Adeleke University Acceptance Fee
- ACU Acceptance Fee
- Achievers University Owo Acceptance Fee
- ACEONDO Acceptance Fee
- ABUAD Acceptance Fee
- AAUA Acceptance fee
- RSU Acceptance fee
- UNN Acceptance fee
- Unizik Acceptance fee
- ABSU Acceptance fee